Maharashtra Chamber of Commerce, Industry & Agriculture (MACCIA) is the Apex Chamber of the State. The Chamber plays a pivotal role in supplementing and augmenting the efforts of Government for the economic development of the State and advancement of its people.
MACCIA Members : With more than 3500 direct Members, comprising of industries, traders, agriculturist & professionals, MACCIA is the only Chamber in Maharashtra, which has deep-roots in all districts and Talukas of Maharashtra. In addition, over 800 local Trade & Industry associations with a collective membership of over 700,000 business organizations from all over the State are affiliated to the Chamber and thus it virtually functions as the Apex Chamber of the state.
Foundation in Pre-Independence EraMACCIA was established in the year 1927 by the great visionary Industrialist Late Seth Walchand Hirachand with the mission to unite & organize the business class emerging in the pre-independent India.
Affiliation to Central OrganizationsThe Chamber is affiliated to national level organizations of Trade and Industry such as Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI), New Delhi, International Chamber of Commerce – National Committee, New Delhi, Indian Council of Arbitration, New Delhi, All India Organization of Employers, New Delhi.
Policy DirectionsMACCIA works closely with State Government for chalking out growth oriented policies for the Maharashtra State. MACCIA suggests Policy directions to Government of Maharashtra on various issues and concerns related to trade, commerce, industry & agriculture such as suggestions on draft policy matters, circulars and notifications, budget recommendations. Recently the Conference on Ports of Maharashtra-Gateway to India resulted in the formulation of Port Policy of Maharashtra. MACCIA’s stand on policy issues is sort out by Government, industry, think tanks, policy makers and academia. We provide a platform for consensus building on policy matters.
VISION & MISSION
- To protect and promote the common economic interests of our Members and foster the Trade, Commerce, Industry & Agriculture in Maharashtra on National & International level.
- To represent, express and give effect to the opinions of the Members of the Chamber on all types of economic, trade, commerce, industry, and other issues.
- To take pioneering steps in Capability building, promoting Leadership and to initiate Entrepreneur seeding with practicing high values with trust & confidence.
- To collect and disseminate information concerning trade, industry, agriculture, MSMEs, water, energy, taxation and related laws.
- To maintain good relations with government bodies and other commercial organizations in the state and elsewhere in order to advancement of Commerce, Industry &Agriculture.
- Recognizing the services of Members & Statutory Authorities for their outstanding contribution to social and economic development in Maharashtra.